MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

One of my favorite Saturday Night Live episodes dealt with near death experiences, in which everyone they interviewed went toward a light, where they were told to take a number and sit down.

To me, it's all just a bunch of wishful thinking that somehow you'll get repaid for whatever good or bad you do while your body still functions. Maybe I'm wrong, in which case my only hope is for a room in hell with a Lake-of-fire view.

I think folks should be more concerned about what they do while they live than what happens after you're dead.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

I think folks should be more concerned about what they do while they live than what happens after you're dead.

Totally agree!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

axella

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

The promise of "life after death" was made up by religions. It panders to man's greatest fear, that of death.

Promising that if people behaved according to a religion's rules, that they'd live "forever", religions have kept people in line and paying their tithes.

My "Myspace" Profile, and What I'm Bitching About Right Now

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

*Wants to have Sex with Axella*

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

Did Elvis believe in religion? Cause he's kind of 'living forever' isn't he?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

clone911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in an afterlife (why or why not?)? Reply with quote

the reason I conceptualized 'REALITIANITY' was to develop a 'God' concept that I could believe in .....

basically I was raised in the right wing extreme Christian church where they 'speak in tongues' and all that sort of stuff....the weird thing is I always thought those people were crazy i.e. they would say the 'saw a demon' but I saw nothing...they would say that 'God was talking to them' but I heard nothing....etc.......so i came up with the lowest common denominator and it is this...

SOMETHING created EVERYTHING that exists and it doesn't matter if that SOMETHING was a 'scientific process' i.e. evolution or a 'spiritual deity' either bc we can never VERIFY which one did it....all we can know is that SOMETHING created EVERYTHING and so we should call that SOMETHING "GOD".....so if a person believes in REALITY they automatically believe in my version of 'GOD' thus making REALITIANITY the largest religion in the world :cool

www.hurricanekatrinasucked.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: