MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MBAF Bass and Drums emergency!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: MBAF Bass and Drums emergency! Reply with quote

Hohohohohohoh!

Santa Clause really missed out on MBAF this year! HAHA

First our bass player for 20 years Werner Wenzlitschke ordered his life new... met a new woman, fell in love and thought he must follow her ways instead of ours while being not the same person as before suddenly........ then our drummer Jaro Forejt fell down the stairs after partying hard and found himself with torn ligaments all over (brutal) in his right foot (surgery - 2 screws - 3 holes in the bone nonetheless - the bass drum foot!!!!).

Is that cool or what? LOL

So MBAF (the mikeburn and friends band) declared musician-emergency!!!

It sounds more funny than it is actually!

Anyway in all that mess, miraculous things happened.

After being totally depressed after our bass player left for uncertain love adventures into another part of the country : and knowing that finding a substitute would be a near impossible task, a bass player named Hartmut Hillmann popped up from one day to the other. Total coincidence... the best was he entered the rehearsal room and asked totally innocent without even knowing our story "You need a bass player?". We all said "YES" LOL

Funny enough... since you usually know the "suspects" in your neighbourhood, nobody of us knew this guy... he just popped up totally out of the blue and from unknown corners of the city.

Well, after the first session we knew we will have a new permanent bass player!

If you have time on your hands check out his MySpace page!!!

On top of that he delivered a "emergency drummer" (the term is really not doing him justice actually!) for the time being as long as our drummer Jaro will need for recovery (4 to 5 months) called Jens Biehl. It's the drummer you hear on all the songs Hartmut has posted on his MySpace page.

He will also join us for our 3 weeks tour in February where we will be playing together with another bass player for a huge "surprise" fusion experiment.

His name is Kai Eckhardt who is known for his work with John McLaughlin and Steve Smith's 'Vital Information'. I have posted a video clip of Kai on bass on our Youtube page.

Link

There will be soon a MBAF collaboration track with MBAF, Kate Cassidy and Kai Eckhardt on bass joining forces being available! Studio recordings with Hartmut and Jens are in the pipeline!

Can you say that we are thrilled and can't understand how lucky we were in all that MESS??????

Never lose hope when it seems to be as worse as it never can be again!

This being said I wish everybody a HAPPY 2007 in Indieland!!!!!
Solo-Project
mikeburn and friends band
The Mabuse Project
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I can offer the first example of how Kai sounds with us. He played Fretless Bass on the revamped version of our track "New Day".

You can listen to this version here if you like.

We have also confirmed the first 2 gig dates with him in February.
So if you are in Germany HAHA you may check out the gigs section of our website

The tour has the title...

The Spring Awakening

...a musical experiment in 6 movements...

"The good always remains invisible !"

...and will be some sort of musical theater concept, moderated by our resident performance artist Guntram Prochaska.
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lcuk with the replacements mike
i'm having a hell looking for musicians, certainly you have more experience in this field than me !
it's pretty obvious, i wish I can see you live soon
by the way sent you an e-mail from soundlift
hope you get it, have had bad luck with my mail sending program lately
huggs
Pris
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priscilla

I got your mail and already sent one back of course

Looking for musicians can indeed be a burden, especially when you are bound to one location for coming together.

I wish you the best in your endeavours and think the best approach in your situation is to find music clubs where there are jam- or open-mic nights. That's where you most probably can make contact with formerly unknown musicians out of my experience, plus you can see and hear in advance what they do live and talk to those lateron which gathered your interest

Well, first we had a bass player crisis, then the drummer crisis.

Our drummer was fit sooner than expected and then we toured for 3 weeks with 2 bass players! HAHA

Here is video evidence how it looked and sounded
It's a live jam we recorded last friday in a music club in Krefeld/Germany, featuring Kai Eckhardt and Hartmut Hillmann on bass and Kate Cassidy coming in during the 2nd. half:

Link

Solo-Project
The Mabuse Project
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
is looking and sounding good
actually I got not reply from you... i'm not sure what's going on but certainly I have not received it

can you resend it from here:

http://www.yidneth.com/?pag=enviarcorreo

i'm not sure what's going on with my mailbox lately but it annoys me to see i might be missing some friend's e-mails
your cd is ready and packaged here, if you resend it please

Hugsssss!

miss ya!
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priscilla!

Well, I had no mail errors reported. Computers are dumb anyway

I did send you the message again using your homepage-mail-function.
Let me know if you got it!

Meanwhile I can tell another story.

When we played in Krefeld last friday, Christina Lux, a very popular German singer/songwriter with record contract in the USA, showed up and sang a few tunes. We also did jam at the end of one of her songs called "Love Is My Religion". See and hear below the result if you like

Link

Solo-Project
The Mabuse Project
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I don't know how or why but your e-mail doesn't seem to reach me. I don't have any spam filter so I am clueless...
can you send me a private here precisely
anyway you have your package ready all i need is your address, and now i'm going to see the video you just posted
hugggies
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had a great vibe there
was it totally improvised upon her song that's rather impressive
was nice to see Gabriel too after the last meeting I carried the loveliest memory of his hosting
and Karen popping at the end, she has such a voice!
thanks also for showing Kai my video
and thanks god I sorted out the message thing you have a two pms up there !!!

hugggs!
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is "Karen", Pris?

?
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant obviously Kate, I tend to typo easily when fast typing and I often don't check! I had Karen in mind because is the girl who invited me to UK, of course another completely different person

but you know it perfectly as well!
Ken, I would dare to say that for any strange reason you seems a little bit ironic to me lately :/, I don't mean to this post precisely either.

I can pretend not to realize though if you wish.
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, Yidneth.......

Perhaps I'm just being too judgemental....

(I still like you, you know...?..)

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
first as you perfectly know my name is Pris

And well... you admit you might be too judgamental...
as old proverbs in all cultures often say... don't judge if you don't want to be judged,

but as long as I remember I've always been polite with you, it would be sensible to expect the same just in return
specially when you cannot see the reason (and believe me I'm clueless) why the other person laughs about your little archievements or goals or try to put you in evidence in the lattest couple of posts you've directed to me and you know what "couple of posts" in the board but not in this thread could also have put me on the alert. I'm sure you're aware as well.

I could pretend that I'm blonde and don't realize about ironic words and that's all, but allowing to keep on going pretending I don't realize it would not be honest on my behalf either neither with you.

I honestly carry a nice memory from our meeting in Frankfurt,
so this is quite shocking, specially with a couple of "cryptic" words from you evidently trying to make me feel stupid (and for people unconfortable with this post, my apologies, but this is not the starting point of this issue and Ken does not it perfectly.

I still will keep on sharing my thoughts and dreams with my friends here, for the friends here that already still care... and I know there are a few I do worship with all my heart. And believe me I think I have cared for many much more than they have done for me, so I might not be so self-centered as you think I might be.

And my apologies if disturbing to you and all the people in the message board for this black note but I did not feel today like keeping it for myself if I can tell you directly, so you know from me what have uspetted me, thing I've not had the luck to know in return.

Regards and Peace!

Priscilla
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yidneth wrote:
Hi Mike,
I don't know how or why but your e-mail doesn't seem to reach me. I don't have any spam filter so I am clueless...
can you send me a private here precisely
anyway you have your package ready all i need is your address, and now i'm going to see the video you just posted
hugggies

Priscilla!

YOUR PACKAGE ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!

Thanks a lot!
The cover is very nicely done - a lot of work and creativity went into all this! The audio quality is also very good! I have to listen to it as a whole!!!

Thank you also for watching our video adventures!

Don't worry about Drooly
It's probably the time of the month for him! HAHAHAHAHA
Solo-Project
The Mabuse Project
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Thanks very much for letting me know!
I know for expert ears like yours it will have many many flaws, but I hope you also will see it's done with great love care, as good as I could make it of course as everything in life there's tons of field for improvement

i'm off tomorrow for the canary islands, got some promotion in a row and I'm making a trip to make a few tv and radio appereances there and I'll meet BARDOFELY and my old friends for some coffee!! ahh I miss your visits... but i'm sure we'll arrange a meeting very soon!

Love!

Pris

about Ken, i'm not upset, just a but hurt cos I really dunno why but I jsut had to tell.
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be hurt, Pris, please... - You KNOW I like you...!!

Mike knows me well... - it was just my time of month...

hahahaha....!!!!...

Good Luck with all that stuff in the Canaries......!

And tell Bard that Drooly says hello, ok?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: