MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

new vers. I steal the leaves and in depth review of CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: new vers. I steal the leaves and in depth review of CD Reply with quote

Well just to announce you can now listen a new version (just as it's on the cd of "I steal the leaves" on MYSPACE
http://myspace.com/priscillahernandez
feat. Sebastian TEufel on guitar, harp (cath. duc) me on keyboards, flute, piano and vocals and Héctor Corcín on drums. I really hope you like it, this is the version just as it was included in the cd, one of my oldies and most popular, though the cd is plagued with new stuff this one was rescued with a slightly different vocal sound.

I KNOW I KNOW, i'm not selling the cds, what's going on? I'M OUT OF STOCK, yes before beginning... why? because it was compromised with instore placement and preorders from shops, so it's being placed but I jsut have about 300 copies more in my hands and I have to sign cds late this month in fira de barcelona. so I'll dare to sell maybe 100 from my website next week but once sold out it will take about four or five days till a new reorder of Ancient Shadows is coming.... that is why I had not announced it, there are not enough cds for all the preorders... but be patient. Should go live in itunes, rhapsody, napster and other digital outlets from one moment to another, and in cdbaby as well.... I really would go for the physical thing I think it's special and it carries a serial for the fanclub.

anyway.... THE REVIEW

Paul Jury from Morpheus Music have made an indepth review of my album ancient shadows, being the first press review I'm rahter happy with the result.
"Timeless ethereal songs with lush strings, downtempo percussion and passionate piano arrangements. Ancient Shadows opens with a piece of pure atmosphere - heavenly voice, smooth cinematic strokes and the calls of crows - this brief cut sets the tone for the rest of the album with an interplay of fairy tale light and haunted darkness running throughout. There are electrobeats and synthetic colours, plaintive piano chords and emotive orchestral strains forming a lush foundation for Pricilla's captivating vocals. Songs here are delicate and angelic, full of feeling and strong imagery - exploring themes and stories from dreams both benign and disquieting and developing ideas grown out of the mists of ancient folk lore and intimate imagination. Pricilla Hernandez also plays a number of the instruments on the album including keyboards, recorder, flute and whistle. The tracks here range from simple structures of voice and strings or piano through to some rather sweeping compositions, always with the sound revolving around a central vocal uniting everything storybook melancholy"

AND MORE ON THIS SAME REVIEW (IT'S FOUR TIMES LONGER BEHIND THE LINK)

http://www.ephemerid.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/html/reviews39.htm#ancient
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just adding three new features of the cd this time in spanish

I was performing during the weeked for sitem, and I got some pics and little video of the signing of cds, performance was very humble, just me and live vocals but the response of the public was great! I know i'm not selling cds in my website, but we've reordered and i'll have stock next week on, meanwhile it's on itunes, though the physical cd I think it's something special.

ok leave you with the features

http://dialogos3.blogia.com/temas/artistas-destacados.php
(featured artist with ancient shadows in dialogos 3 one of the best new age blogs in spanish)
http://www.mentenebre.com/articulos.php?op=verarticle&artid=366

also my friend from bulgaria and also new age composer Lyubomir yordanov (aka sleepwalker) sleepwalker-music.com came to visit, so i leave you with some pics of our meeting (no, i don't wear usually like that, i'm preparing a gig for late this year)

[img][/img]
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you pick the title "ancient shdows"?
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Shadow is a song I composed in 1998, there was a project already then called "Ancient Shadows" then conceived as a musical, as this song was rescued for this cd (it's the 3rd tracks) but also compilled other songs new and old, of things and fears that casted shadows, doubts, passions and feelings over me to shape the way I am now, I decided to name it in plural (Ancient shadows) though it has been subtitled in some places as Ancient Shadows: the ghost and the fairy due to the dual nature of the cds and the two booklets within.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: