MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"I Said Get Me an Import, Not a Grandpa..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: "I Said Get Me an Import, Not a Grandpa..." Reply with quote

Long live the Polish-German friendship! HAHA

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2108765,00.html

A German in Poland lost at least one of his most prized possessions when a thief made off with his BMW 5 Series -- with his grandfather in back of the car.

Whether deserved or not, Poland has the reputation of being a major European auto-theft capital. Reports of organized crime rings targeting luxury models and high-end minivans, destined for resale at points further east, are common.

So 34-year-old German Bernhard Massl should have known enough not to take any chances when he parked his brand new BMW 5 Series outside a florist shop in the Polish town of Zgorzelec. Positive he wouldn't even be out of the car long enough for the engine to cool, he left his 80-year-old grandpa, Falk, waiting in the backseat while he popped into the store to pick up a bunch of flowers.

But if Massl figured the old man, who no doubt told his grandson to keep the doors locked and to be careful of strangers, would act as a living and breathing anti-theft device, he figured wrong. When the young whipper-snapper emerged from the florist, the car was gone -- octogenarian and all.

Fortunately, Falk was found unharmed a few miles away. It seems the thief simply hadn't noticed the elderly gentleman in the back seat.

"He didn't notice me at all until I asked him where he was taking me," Falk said." He was really startled when he realized he was not alone and immediately pulled over to let me out."

Police are still looking for the stolen car and have put out a description of the thief.
Solo-Project
mikeburn and friends band
The Mabuse Project
markhewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

I'm glad the old guy escaped unharmed at least.

Mark
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a running joke here in Germany which probably doesn't sound that good in English... but let me try to translate it:

"Make holidays in Poland, your car is already there!"

markhewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: