MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

For Deb (and those who buy the DU myth)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: For Deb (and those who buy the DU myth) Reply with quote

This is a scientific report...not leftist-media garbage. Read it...if you dare. ;)

www.sandia.gov/news-cente...dusand.pdf

Edited by: DreamTone7  at: 11/17/05 2:12
NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: For Deb (and those who buy the DU myth) Reply with quote

Quote:
some research suggests more conservative guidelines should be considered

My music for the disenchanted masses

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: For Deb (and those who buy the DU myth) Reply with quote

Scientific report??

"Prepared by

Sandia National Laboratories

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185 and Livermore, California 94550

Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company, for the United States Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration under Contract DE-AC04-94AL85000.

Got any reports NOT sponsored by the government for us to read?

You know those studies the drug companies and tobacco companies used to sponsor? How many of them were proven later to be fiction, or the results used selectively, or samples changed when they didnt fit?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: For Deb (and those who buy the DU myth) Reply with quote

Lockheed Martin is a private company...not a government-owned company. Get your facts correct, Deb. They were contracted by the government...not the same situation as with the tobacco industry.

Can you refute any of the evidence in the report, Deb? Didn't think so. You don't know enough about what your trying to talk about in order to understand a lot of what's in the report to begin with, is my guess. If you did, you'd realize how wrong you and the leftist media are...not that you would admit it.

Bottom line...DU cannot be the cause of any kind of cancer, birth defects, or related deseases that leftist-media claimed it could. Leftist media (and you) jumped the gun...before a true study could be done. All you had was a lot of speculation based on absolutely no empirical data. This just came out a few months ago...after we all had our initial discussion about DU. Seems I was pretty close at calling it like it turned out to be. Hmmm.

:popcorn

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

This is a study commissioned by the govt... I'll believe a study done by an entirely independent agency.

As it happens, I KNOW an ex-US army personnel who is now in Manila. He told me that they were so warned about DU in the field that if the armoured trucks had even a scratch on them they were removed immediately, no one was allowed to touch them until they were repaired and given the all clear. Seems to me that the gov't doesnt believe their own studies to the public, because they are VERY careful with the handling of DU now...

Would YOU inhale the stuff?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

The government recognizes the scare that leftist media put into the general populace, and is responding to it by being extra careful...in the same way they responded to the whole "saccarine scare" by puting warning lables on the packages containing it. It has nothing to do with the reality of the situation...it's a appeasement tactic for folks who just don't "get it".

I wouldn't inhale anything but fresh air if I didn't have to. But unless I was one of the few inside a vehicle hit by one of these shells (and lived to tell about it), there's no way I'd be inhaling enough for me to worry about.

HKRC - "This is a study commissioned by the govt... I'll believe a study done by an entirely independent agency."

I have my doubts that you would.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Yeehaaaaaa!

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
The government recognizes the scare that leftist media put into the general populace, and is responding to it by being extra careful...in the same way they responded to the whole "saccarine scare" by puting warning lables on the packages containing it. It has nothing to do with the reality of the situation...it's a appeasement tactic for folks who just don't "get it".

So you KNOW for a fact that this is why they take extra precautions, wear protective gear in handling damaged DU coated trucks etc etc, is it?

Its just amazing to me that you claim to be an expert on all these topics with so little knowledge and such a limited seekingless brain. Oh, you throw out the right language and terms etc, but you ain't foolin no one.

Read the article closely again - it says that DU if inhaled/ingested etc can be found in the liver, kidneys, bones, lungs etc etc - for up to two to three years after the event. And they'd have us believe it causes no damage? HA HA HA. :lamp

Edited by: HKRockChick at: 11/19/05 11:41
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Is the Sandia report stating why the state of NY closed one of their factories/test sites down?

No?

They forgot to tell that they had to leave because the micro particle DU contamination was too high?

Did the Sandia report tell who is the contractor delivering DU material?

No?

Wow. Am I not surprised, or what?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Come up with hard evidence to the contrary of what is found in the report, Galmin, and I'll listen. Nobody will do the report though...those smart enough to understand the physical, chemical and radioactive nature of what is invovled already know (as I did) that any tests they made would yield the same results. They'd rather go on railing (as you do) without any evidence. They DON'T WANT any evidence! Then they'd have to recant. The "left" don't stomach crow very well.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Fact: the state of NY shut a Sandia site down because of too high micro particle DU contamination.

"But I thought it was harmless?"

Sandia is deeply involved since decades in the contracting of DU to the defense industry. They earn their living on it. To let them produce a report wether DU is dangerous is like letting Colt do a report comparing the M-16 to a H&K MG6, or GM do a cartest comparing the Pontiac G6 to a BMW M3.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

So...in other words, no hard evidence. Thought so.

Edited by: DreamTone7  at: 12/1/05 22:34
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Did you read the Sandia report disclaimer?

Quote:
NOTICE: This report was prepared as an account of work sponsored by an agency

of the United States Government. Neither the United States Government, nor any agency

thereof, nor any of their employees, nor any of their contractors, subcontractors, or their

employees, make any warranty, express or implied, or assume any legal liability or

responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information

apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represent that its use would not infringe

privately owned rights.

I particularly liked the "the author (whoever that is) would like to thank Mr Collegue and Mrs Also-Hired-By-Sandia for their unselfish contribution to the cause"

Why not simply use Tungsten?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
So...in other words, no hard evidence. Thought so.

Comprehension problem. Thought so.

:dunno

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

it was a lack of hard evidence that fed sheep to cattle.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: