MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Wow, this is one for the books!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Wow, this is one for the books!!! Reply with quote

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051...an_science

Wow!

:sensational

ans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Good read. How about this one!

www.postfun.com/pfp/sex/l...bible.html

Yikes!

:bigeyes

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

good read, thanks.

btw...

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

Quote:
The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture

I'm amazed the sky hasn't fallen.

ans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: I'm no John Travolta . . . Reply with quote

Well, I'll tell you right off I can't dance worth a red piss, but I'll try:

Nah, you're both wrong, even tho you think otherwise. Period. But it depends. I'll try to explain. My definition of 'wrong' might be different from your definition of 'wrong', as mine is is based on a set of morals and yours is based on the societal norm. Mine is absolute and yours is relative. So even though you're wrong, you're not aware of it. See?

:ft

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm no John Travolta . . . Reply with quote

No Ans.

You see there's a difference between the 'being wrong' impulse and the act of 'being wrong'.

ans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: not true Reply with quote

Galmin, you still don't get it. An impulse can also be an act if the act is in the 'act of being'. I'm sorry I can't make it any clearer, but if you understood you'd understand

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: not true Reply with quote

My definition of 'understanding' might be different from your definition of 'understanding', as mine is is based on reality set of morals and yours is based on Pavlovian conditioning.

ans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

BITWHYS: "My definition of 'understanding' might be different from your definition of 'understanding', as mine is is based on reality set of morals and yours is based on Pavlovian conditioning."

Bitwhys, you're on the right track. Absolute understanding can't exist outside an absolute framework. In a relative framework understanding is relative, and relative understanding is responsible for the condition the world is in today. Everybody understands things differently, in other words everybody's 'doing their own thing'. (Read in the Old Testament about the 'Tower of Babel' and you'll understand how the world got into this mess in the first place.) That clarified, there are different conditions of conditioning. For example, in Biblical times there was a different set of social conditions than there are today. My idea of conditioning, based as it is on an absolute morality, differs from a condition of conditioning based upon what's 'normal' in today's society. So you're conditioned in a morally relative way, as opposed to a 'morally absolute' way. See?

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
Read in the Old Testament about the 'Tower of Babel' and you'll understand how the world got into this mess in the first place

ohh

good rant. I'll try get back to it later, but bad example. everyone "doing their own thing" was Y*w*h's idea in that one.

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: the rant Reply with quote

Quote:
I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.

- Oliver Cromwell

pretty damn astute for a professional insurgent.:laugh

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: hahahahaha Reply with quote

oooo this thread is tooo funny. LMAO!!!!

:aua

BW, I'm amazed at the catholic church - it is showing some wisdom at last. Wow!

Ans, interesting read about King James... so in his case would you say he had desire, but he also had A desire, which he acted upon, or did he get kidnapped first?? Shall we ever know? I mean if one can change the bible for political reasons is there anything else sacrosanct????

:popcorn

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: hahahahaha Reply with quote

the bible was "cannonised" by a bunch of catholic bishops about 350 years after jesus died. they decided which books would end up in it. and of course those little boy fekers had pure intentions.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is one for the books!!! Reply with quote

While I realize that this is nothing more than a "proxy thread" attempting to mock DT and his faith, it also vividly illustrates the pure emotionalism and lack of any intellectual honesty on which all such attempts are based. Interesting.

By way of examples -

In another thread, when this statement was made:

"the King James version is markedly different from, say, the Jerusalem Bible."

I posed the question "how are they markedly different"?

I assumed the poster actually knew what he was taking about, but it turned out that I had inadvertently "called a bluff".

The "answer" was "well, I dunno...errr...somebody told me so" and having painted himself into a corner, it was demanded that I search Google to prove his point and bail him out of trouble. A bizarrely funny copout indeed. But it just doesn't cut it logically or intellectually.

Likewise, later in the same thread, when DT asked Debbie to make a clear statement, Debbie demurred and demanded that DT go on a Google wild goose chase instead.

The total inability to clearly state - much less expound on - one's thoughts is a very sloppy mindset to depend on; and one which I suggest does not, and will not, serve you very well.

Nor is mockery a valid substitute for intellectual honesty. In fact it practically screams "I lack the intellect and logic to answer any challenging question, I desperately need an out!!!". It's the same when you weave something from thin air and having been called on it to demand, "Well, I have no real answer or good excuse - you'll have to Google me out of my embarrassment! Such a demand instead only compounds your embarrassment.

So I'd suggest you would benefit a great deal from racheting up your level of logic and honing what intellectual capabilities you may posses. It really does make things much more interesting. Best wishes in those endeavours.

(And, no, Debbie, I wasn't picking on you, lol. That non-exchange with DT just provided an example.)

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: hahahaha Reply with quote

nice try, Ron.

cuts no ice.

:wgrin

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: hahahaha Reply with quote

BTW, Ron, dyu know what a wild goose chase means? It means a search that ends in finding nothing. Like the search for WMDs in Iraq that resulted in bush co eating crow hahahahaha

On the other hand, doing a google search for them eating crow, or humble pie or being wrong on iraq, or admitting they found nothing, or no WMDs will yield plenty. A recent case is just happening, where its all going to be dug up again - scooter libby... oh do please watch the news?

:popcorn

and have the guts to post refuting/rebuttal arguments in the appropriate threads, if you dare...

Edited by: HKRockChick at: 11/5/05 11:21
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: