MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

BBC displays an Iraqi Torture Cahmber

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: BBC displays an Iraqi Torture Cahmber Reply with quote

The BBC views a Saddam security "police" HQ:

ABU AL KHASIB, Iraq (CNN) -- A torture chamber equipped with hooks hanging from ceilings and an on-site electrocution room has been found in the basement of an Iraqi police station, an embedded reporter with the BBC reports.

The reporter said the British Royal Marines from Alpha Company 40 Commando entered the facility -- home to Saddam Hussein's dreaded internal security police -- looking for clues about local militia groups.

Weapons, maps and other documents were found in the raid in the town of Abu Al Khasib, the BBC reporter said Wednesday. But it was downstairs where they found the torture chamber.

One room was completely bare, except for two tires and an electric cable, the BBC reporter said.

He said he was told that an interrogator would use the tires to stand on, while water was poured into the room and the prisoner electrocuted.

Other rooms had hooks hanging from the ceiling, while another 1.2 meter by 2.4 meter (4 foot by 8 foot) cell was equipped with just a pillow and mattress.

The reporter said he interviewed one man, who did not want to be identified, who said prisoners were blindfolded, tied up, hung on the hooks and then beaten.

The man also said a citizen who committed a crime could avoid being tortured by putting up cash -- about $1,600 for stealing, and almost twice that for murder, according to the BBC reporter.

www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/me...index.html

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: BBC displays an Iraqi Torture Cahmber Reply with quote

Quote:
The man also said a citizen who committed a crime could avoid being tortured by putting up cash -- about $1,600 for stealing, and almost twice that for murder, according to the BBC reporter.

Although the information in this article is beyond disturbing, this part made me think of the US. Although we can't directly buy our way out of jail, the reality is that justice is very relative to the price of your lawyer. Without a lawyer, a DA offered me a 6 month jail sentence. Pay $400 for a consulation with a lawyer and a phone call to the DA, and suddenly the deal is 2 months in jail. Nothing changed except I spent money on a lawyer. So in my case 4 months in jail can be avoided for a mere $400, :) .

Read all about ME!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: