MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

SEISMIC HAS JUST THREATENED ME
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: SEISMIC HAS JUST THREATENED ME Reply with quote

For upholding truth and justice and the wish for world peace.

pub189.ezboard.com/fmymp3...=211.topic

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Intimidation Tactics Reply with quote

Is this how things work in the current administration?

hahahahahahaha

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Intimidation Tactics Reply with quote

Seismo Prolly is a tosser :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: SEISMIC HAS JUST THREATENED ME Reply with quote

SO as the ruling Princess here, what would you like me to do? :warrior

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

Seismo Stalker has just proved to the world just how undemocratic he is, while extolling the virtues of "freedom".

He cannot debate the real issues, so makes personal on attacks and threatens people who are. Typical dirty tricks, just like the politicians. hahahahahaha

So what does one do with people who threaten you on the internet, if you just won't stoop to their level?

I leave that to your discretion Oh All Powerful Ruling Princess!

xxx

debbie

PS: just watching the Contender - seen it? Another dirty tricks political movie, very interesting.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Show me a "True" threat.

READ THIS TO SEE WHAT CONSTITUTES A TRUE THREAT ON THE INTERNET, OH ALL-KNOWING LAW EXPERTS...

There isn't one. Therefore, you are a Libeler.

Democracy in Action; don't ya just LOVE it?!

:kiss

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly at: 5/11/03 10:02:38 pm
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh, Well... Reply with quote

Quote:
I will stalk you all over the Internet wherever I can and DESTROY your music promotion.

Now THERE is an example of a "True" threat. :D

It is, in the words of the Second Circuit Court, "unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific" and "expresses a gravity of purpose".

Hmmmmm...where did I seem to see that??

OH, YEAH; HERE IT IS...:D

Forwarded to EZBoard Legal. ;)

Social Spit

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Perry Mason Sez: Reply with quote

"Imcompetent, Irrelevant, and Immaterial"

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Perry Mason Sez: Reply with quote

Case Dismissed!! :laugh

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SEISMIC HAS JUST THREATENED ME Reply with quote

I believe it is very generally a good idea, Debbie, to confine personal issues to boards where they originate rather than spreading them about. That smacks abit of desperation and I believe there are more legit, less disruptive methods to deal with the legit problems.

Forums/BBs by their nature get rough and tumble - people very soon learn that their opinions are not above scrutiny and critique. This is where that saying about kitchens being sometimes too hot would likely come into play. Not for the the thin-skinned, nor the easily offended. Goes with the territory.

One BB commandment that often comes to my mind is "Thou shalt not use a poster's name in the thread title unless it's to compliment them". In thread context and content itself, things will often become quite heated and cutthroat but that should be a natural progression, not a starting point.

Just some words to the wise. Hopefully most personal issues are shrugged off after a person gives it thought.

Ron

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: I believe it is a good idea Reply with quote

not to stalk people and threaten their personal lives.

And a good idea to try and find out the issues before writing what you did.

But thats to be expected I guess.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: sweaty armpits, everyone's got 'em Reply with quote

You kinda missed the point there, Debbie. If a person has a legit beef, it would make sense to air the complaint(s) on the board(s) in question instead of forum "cross-pollinization".

"upholding truth and justice and the wish for world peace"

It's interesting how we humans like to flatter ourselves - and I certainly am no different. It's just a fact of life that people will have different opinions - and very often radically different, at that. I'm not sure that prefacing complaints or opinions with self-praise actually has very much impact.

Sometimes the words from a Kinks song, "Well Respected Man" - come to mind, when I peruse BB and see the foodfights:

"And he likes his own backyard,

And he likes his fags the best,

'Cause he's better than the rest,

And his own sweat smells the best"

At any rate, my only real point here is really quite simple. I believe that you are bright and thoughtful enough to avoid dragging a problem from one board to another. (My understanding is that other boards were actually created to avoid just such things.) You certainly have a right to vent.

The question I think could be posed for any given post would be "Is this the best venue?". When we kids would get into a row in the house, Mom would tell us to "take it outside to the back yard". Saved a lotta things from getting broken.

As I sez, just words to the wise stuff...

Ron

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Thank you Ron Reply with quote

I have taken your point.

I didn't know I had another recourse till then.

I believe it is the moderator's call to let me know if this topic is inappropriate here. As it is I think if I had to post this in the Political/War board it would have been inappropriate.

I do not see you attacking the inappropriate behaviour that sparked it, or even asking me why. Why is that? Because you dont agree with my political views also mean that all fairness is thrown out the window?

Cheerio

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Ron Reply with quote

:bawling :stress :bawling

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: just pondering.. Reply with quote

"I do not see you attacking the inappropriate behaviour that sparked it, or even asking me why. Why is that? Because you dont agree with my political views also mean that all fairness is thrown out the window?"

That would violate the very point I'm making, Debbie, to get into personal "he said, she said" variety merry-go-rounds here.

If you reread what I wrote, you'll note it's something that I apply to everyone, self included.

A short while back someone posted a "get Saddam" rant here. I suggested it would fare better in a board more suited for it.

I think much of what gets us worked up is viewed differently when we take a deep relaxing breath and try a "eh, so what?" shrug.

The internet is a fine way too share all manner of ideas, but I think we lose a lot in translation - even with the handy emoticons/icons! Gestures, facial expressions, tone of voice - all sorts of things that help convey meaniing fully are rendered just so many bits and bytes. It's easy to lose the true perspective of other people and sometimes even ourselves. That is, we imagine others (cyberwise speaking) as who/what we imagine them to be rather than the reality. That's probably why cybersex is so big,lol.

So I'm thinking that our perceptions of others is often colored by both the lackings of technology and of our own temperment at a given time. My guess is that situation causes more miscommunication, bad feelings, nasty words than people would experience in real life exchanges. Since sometimes even good people have lapses of good judgment, that adds to the mix. Not that it's ever happened to me (har,har,har). BTW, that's all just "univeral cyber-human-condition" pondering, not at all meaning you as an individual. (Pardon me if it reads that way!)

Not something that I mean to beat to death, Debbie - just thinkin' aloud. I think we're all grownups and can handle things quite fine!

Ron

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: