MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bbchris told me to post here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals !

Chris suggested I post to the group to get some opinions on my new band 'Last Flight Out' and the 2 songs we have recorded so far. I have them listed as Alternative at the moment as I don't really know what they are. Chris thinks they are kind of country lol but who knows. Any opinions would be great.

My site is www.mp3.com/lastflightout

Thanks

Marko the great from australia (but living in New Zealand)

dj spaceAce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

welcome marco :w ...listen to your songs right now...and hey hey hey :yo ...Fade Away ...very cool...good song...hits da mood...could be a little more powerful here and there...from da mixing view...perfect to ride a :racing "This Life" ...wowowow...great voice :dj like the second voice line...makes it very emotional...thx for da note :fg

dj spaceAce aka Y-Orbit

PLX180

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Hey Marko the great! Possibly the first Australian I've met on the boards.

Your songwriting is cool, especially Fade Away. Like the voice, and the song description.

Production needs improvement yes, but these recordings have a certain charm of their own.

Nice stuff

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Hey all, This is Connery Faire, formerly umm well Connery Faire<G> I am the other half of LFO (Last Flight Out) Feel free to get honest here.. We're looking for some really good reviews with honesty so we can get this stuff as good as you, the public want it to be. DO remember we're recording with a PC straight into the sound card (Nope, we don't even have a mixer... Our address for donations is rofl...) We're in our Hot, Black bedroom in NZ, so the engineering isn't as good as it will be once we've hit the studio, but we want to hear what you think of the basic sound and instrumentation. Have a great one!!! and keep posting..

PS, if you want us to check out your stuff, let us know where to go and we'll let you know what we think too....

Thanks all, Connery Faire :boink

PLX180

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

It's possible to get near miraculous results just with a pc. Providing your soundcard is decent, why not. So many studios record to hard drive now anyway.

I'd say it's worth getting to grips with mixing, because then you won't need a studio for demos. Not for mp3 files anyway.

I liked what I heard. Now a decent production would really bring out the best in it IMHO.

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Yeah you're so right !

We used to have an almost full studio with gear like any muso would love to have. I had to sell most of it to chase Connery Faire from Auzzie to USA and back, then to NZ and back to USA, then back to NZ... need I go on ?

Needless to say, I achieved my goal on that front. Now, back to mixing etc.. Right now, I use a Dman audio card which is a few steps up from soundblaster live. I have to go direct into the card at the moment but yes, once we get the right feedback we will be going into a studio to get a decent production on the songs that seem to go well (according to all you guys). One thing I do now that I never used to do on my older stuff (pop) is I never record any instrument that we can't play live. I had some pretty cool sounds and production on my first album that I couldn't play live so now I stick to basic instruments. If anyone want's to hear the old stuff from both me and Connery Faire (Conni) here it is....

www.mp3.com/mbrady

www.mp3.com/conneryfaire

I think we are moving forward <G>

Marko:bmutant

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Hi Marko...like the the band name....cool!!

Iam off to spin ya track now:racing

Paul

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

BUSINESS AS USUAL .com BUSINESS AS USUAL. moonfruit BUSINESS AS USUAL mp3.com

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ ampcast

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Very Cool Marko.... I like this a lot!! (Fade Away).......Yeah the mix could do with a nip and a tuck but I am no master at mixing so I wont comment anymore :lol ..... Look forward to more from you......

Take care

Paul

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Thanks Paul !

I'd like to know how to do the ol' nip and tuck routine myself, so if ya have any secrets <G>.....

Hey man, I like your lil' dancin' lady gif there. I tried to right click on it and see if there was an option to make her real but no such luck lol. Oh well, should go work on some music huh...

Marko

P.s. any other aussies in this here forum ??????

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Nope! You're the ONLY Aussie! Want an underblurb that will reflect that???

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Damn skippy I do !

And by the way.... I thought you were off line for a couple or 6 days cuz ya PC needed some hospital treatment ?????????

Get your punk ass on MSN and say howdy girlfriend !

Marko

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

hahahaha I'm waiting to see when my radio segment starts on the radio program! I'm confused - I thought I was the start of the program but I'm not there.... hahahaha

Yeah I just picked up my computer this evening been offline since YESTERDAY! hahahahaha

|

LFO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

You thought you were the start of a program ? Damn.... I once thought I was a program and it turned out I was just an appetiser lol.

I'm gonna go to bed. Nite all.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Goodnight Marko! I'll think of a great UNDERBLURB for you!

|

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bbchris told me to post here Reply with quote

Good night Marko...... its only 1:30 pm here...its sunny and Iam about to crack the wine :)

:bonk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: