MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

It's been a while I don't post, so many news :) or not so many, i've had problems with my internet, and my mailbox almost exploded LOL! but I promise to check them all (sorry for the delay if I haven't replied), still with no adsl but I've been given a temporal connection till they fix the problem so now I can be around a little bit more....

Well YIDNETH is now a trademark and also a records company (soon it will be also ed.) so what's this story?

After being about to be signed up to 9 times, including with two major labels and what could be considered the "big deal" I have decided to be true to myself and release ANCIENT SHADOWS with my own label and company YIDNETH, that has been created in order to promote my music and art as well as other independent musicians. Soon. My experience when dealing with majors has been a little bit discouraging but I do not discard that in the near future they will realize that offering a "non commercial alternative music". So far, I feel I'm in the middle of a music revolution, and I'm glad to offer something that really represent my art and two times it was a little bit hard to gather strenght to refuse really huge ammounts of money, but I do still feel I've been right. I almost gave up in music... but I am brave, I love it, it's my passion as well as illustrating.

I've had the luck to be able to chose, and thus remaining independent for this release has been my decision. I've sadly found that small labels cannot do much more than what you can do for yourself, and majors actually are not really interested in keeping artist pure and honest with the concept and spirit of their music. This is in part thanks to your help. So now I'm paying as a professional composer, label and designer and yes I'm in the middle of . Thanks to all the friends that have been and still are donating for my music! Ancient shadows will be delayed, but not too much, hopefully less than a month from the date it was scheduled. Of course I do not discard to deal with a big label, but this time I feel I am already in the condition not to accept abusive deals. I have to say also that the lattest label I dealt, Ohm Spirit sound was the only fair and honest offer I got, and thus we will go collaborating as friends supporting each others. Thank you, Carles! About majors, my experience was discouraging, but I hope they will realize maybe "not being commercial" is the asset of my music! Meanwhile, I've fought and my dream wil be available for you very soon! :)

THIS IS MY LOGO :)

"y" for "YIDNETH" which I remind, has never been my artistic name but artistic project ! :)

so now off to look for distribution

and I remind my friends that hasn't had the chance to watch it that you can see the preview video of the opening credits at

http://www.yidneth.com/ancientshadows

On the other hand, in this while i've been offline I was visited by my friend María, :) and his boyfriend Jose, and also I got a visit of my brother Germán and also David. I missed my family so much, it was almost a year I hadn't seen anyone of my family and having him around a week has been really delightful. German is 7 years older than me, and it really makes me proud to see how he has decided to start to study singing :) , maybe one day we will surprise you with a duet. So here it goes a picture of me and my brother (he's cute, isnt' he?) last week!

http://www.yidneth.com/images/journal/prisygerman.jpg

me and my brother

and well remind everyone that the cd can be already preordered at

http://www.yidneth.com/ancientshadows

but won't be available still due to all the legal staff, won't delay much though :) , actually I can say it's already a solid reality !

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS PRIS!!

The reality of record companies these days is that you need to PROVE you can sell records. Once you hit 2000 - 3000 CDs sold, they will be FAR MORE INTERESTED and SERIOUS about signing you. Interestingly if you manage to sell more than 3000 CDs you'll be making way more money than you would make at a record label which sells 20000 of your CDs...

Keep up the outstanding promotions!

I look forward to buying my copy of Ancient Shadows :D

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

This is all wonderful news, Priscilla!

Have you ever promoted your music to North America by checking out "UNIVISION" - the Spanish-language Channel? I don't know if UNIVISION is shown in Europe(??), but it has a big viewer market, especially in the U.S. (It shows a lot of music videos.)

link: Univision.com – Portal en Español

Even here in the north part of the U.S., it's on both cable television and "over the air" regular TV broadcast.

If you'd like more info about contacting them (UniVision), Priscillia, I would be happy to send information to you.

Everything looks and sounds great - a person can tell that you did a lot of work!

best wishes to you!

Ron

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

thank you both

Ron I will check it

so far i'm having a very boring time dealing with all the legal stuff, but i admit it's rather satisflying to do it all on my own :) not giving away any right , or worse, compromising my style, and pleasure for making music

about labels, i got two offers that I cannot even mention, one of them was a really absurd ammount of money, quite a lot, but the price was even higher, i'm not a vocalist for a made-up commercial project trying to mimic an already existing band and I will prove I'm a composer. :) It's hard cos now i'm undergoing a not very good economical situation, but I feel i've succeed not biting the poison apple they offered LOL and really proud of myself after a times of ups, downs, and discouraging, people has helped me sweetly and due to their help I felt encouraged enough to take the risk :)

tY!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

It's so lovely to read your words Pris! Keep up the enthusiasm and motivation! You are destined for TRUE FAME! :kizz

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

thank you chris

i'm not really worried about fame, if not i would have signed already :( , but for me some kind of recognition within m genre would be welcomed, I will not deny that. :) for that I have to fight for what i consider my art, and not become a clone product for five years, thus i'm here, struggling and scared :) but quite excited... it will be a long narrow path and I'm ready to fight all the way :) , i don't expect big numbers and i'm already happy with what i have archieved so far, that way i won't be dissapointed :) but proud of what i've got so far :)

thank you!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

Good stuff, Priscilla..

How are the Biology Studies going?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

Priscilla?

No matter what you do, attain, or achieve...

You really are quite charming.... - just by being You.....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

that's why I said "TRUE" fame :) Deserved fame. Not 'false' fame :banana Big hugs from Hong Kong

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

hi drooly

I finished my university studies as molecular biologist a while ago, the first of my class, and an special archievement having one of the highest qualifications all over the universtities in spain... waht for? i wonder, my true vocation is really...

art?

i'm doomed to poor then LOL hahaha

so i refused a grant in a lab and here I am :)

but i'm overall in goo mood, there is always time to be well-headed ! :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

The "Molecular Biology" is what fascinates me about you the most, Priscilla....

To know you have studied that seriously, on a University level, at the top of your Class, reminds me of why I find you so Charming.....

The Artistic side is just a lovely Icing on the Cake.....

Sir Reel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

Something tells me you don't know a damn thing about molecular biology, drooly, nor would you want to. Fawning ... er, fawn.

Yay, Pris, though, for degreeing in it.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: YIDNETH records launches and will release my cd :)! Reply with quote

well.... errr....

it's a difficult question, it is rather tough to earn a life being a full time artist, you have to pay taxes a month if you have incomes and if you haven't too, about biology, i love animals, i adore biology en general terms, but molecular, i'm not so fancy in the laboratory and working with mice which is rather common in genetics, not because i dislike mice, jsut the contrary :/. I really have qualifications that would allow me to ask for admission in any postdoctorate university when i wish, i finished my studios but not the post-doctorate which can consume you another decade of your life, thus i stopped this, allowed me to experience and to LEARN other things, that I even considered before studying genetics and of course there is always time to get back that but i feel int's a moment in my life i have to LEARN new things... rather than consume ten years specializing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: