MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

A young (real young) talent new to the internet...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leskiepie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

interesting spin on that!

I liked...:bmutant

Lesk

Remember, what's said on the internet, stays on the internet.

Betti Gefecht

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

please give 15 year old newbie singer Justine a listen.

She uploaded her interpretation of a Procol Harum classic to besonic.

I think her voice has a great promise!

She's just started to write her own songs...

Would you mind to encourage this young lady by some feedback?

Check out:

Justine's Page at Besonic (scroll down to listen to the song)

Greetz from

Betti :-)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

Hiya Betti!

I liked it, I think it's a very nice cover of "Pale"! She has a good voice.

The only 2 things I might do if I were remixing the MP3 is to put a bit of echo, reverb or whatever on the nice vocal track, to add some depth. I might also cut out the synth drum-percussion - I think the song would stand up well as a "ballad", where it would depend mostly on the piano/organ keyboard parts.

I don't know how familiar you are to the forum here, but the "big guy", hahaha! (Mike) is German and many of the members here speak German to various degrees. I noticed Justine's Besonic page was "auf deutsch". So if Justine wants to drop by, this is an international, relaxed & fun forum to talk about music and other cool stuff.

If she doesn't feel comfortable in English, Mike has a sub-forum here GERMAN ARTISTS FORUM (auf deutsch)

But I find that the folks who gather here from around the world do fine in comminicating with each other. Many of them speak English much better than I do! hahaha! It embarasses me!!

Good cover song by Justine. It's not an easy tune to handle, but she does it very well!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

Just adding a link to the English page at BeSonic for this song:

Justine - "Whiter Shade Of Pale"

questionnaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Hi Betti ... Reply with quote

.... how's it going?

Justine's got a good voice, she just needs to keep going, do lots of gigs and recording sessions, learn to be a bit more expressive.

I'd be interested to hear her original material

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

I'm so glad I took the time to play Justine's song. Anything recommended by Betti has gotta be good! She's got potential. I found her recording slightly muddy and my ears wanted to hear Justine more clearly. Send her Mymp3 board's best wishes!! :banana Tell her we want to hear MORE!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: A young (real young) talent new to the internet... Reply with quote

Quote:
I found her recording slightly muddy and my ears wanted to hear Justine more clearly

I'm guessing that it's in the mix, a bit too much lower and middle brightness. I played with it a bit to kick up Justine's vocal and adding some echo. But since the tracks are locked together on an MP3, it also echoed the lower "duumm!" of the drum track which muddied it up.

I think her vocal fits the song almost perfectly, "Pale" is a strange, downbeat tune and a tough one to cover.

Higher volume & a tad of echo on the voice track, keep the piano, organ keyboards and lowered hi-hat. Drop the perscussion's program medium-buttom parts - the keyboards carry that well enough. Maybe add an acousstic guitar?

I don't know if this is Justine's first effort - if so, she's got a great start! I liked it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: