MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

An awards nomination....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONOFFON
All the mystery is taken as fact

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Happy holidays!!!!

So, here's an interesting observation. In April, we were fortunate enough to actually win the title of IOM's 2005 "Artist of the Year". The fact that we won an award is indeed an honor for us. Our genres of music don't necessarily top the charts. But, that's not what makes it interesting. The thing is, it was given to us on the merits of a CD we released in 1999. Six years after its release. I think that illustrates the promotional challenge we as independent artists all face.

Now, ONOFFON's composition "The Gift Must Always Move" has been nominated as Song of the Year by the UNSIGNED Music Magazine. This is their first annual awards so this is a very special nomination for us. This time, the nomination is on a song from our first CD, released in early '97. Almost nine years later.

If you are so inclined, now through the end of the month, you can visit this page -

www.unsignedmusicmag.com/awards.html

- and vote for "The Gift Must Always Move" as Song of the Year.

Don't just blindly give us a vote - you can freely stream, or even download this song, here -

www.soundlift.com/ONOFFON

Thanks to all of you who take the time to click over and vote for us.

Appreciate the support!!!

Von from ONOFFON

www.onoffon.com/

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Hey Von, I went to vote for you but it's not just your category I have to fill in and I don't know any of the other bands - how do I find out more info about them? I don't want to just vote for band names I like! :kiss

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ONOFFON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Thanks Chris....

I'm pretty sure that all the nominated bands were featured in the magazine throughout the year. That's the only common bond between us.

It's not easy. I tried to find the song that's leading the pack in the song of the year contest and I couldn't find a thing.

I know of Geoff Byrd and the Public Symphony but that's all I know....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

OK I understand even more now Von! Thanks for responding. Maybe I should just vote for the band names I like!!! :kiss

ONOFFON

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Cool Chris - you are the coolest...

We're pretty much getting our butts kicked...

That's cool though - I really think the nomination is the honor. The vote is a popularity contest... for him to think it was important enough to nominate a song we released almost nine years ago speaks volumes...

Happy happy and merry merry! :kizz

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Ok.

I'll vote for band names I like, also.

Can I get an iPod for that?

But seriously....

Can I get an iPod?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Gosh.

At this point, I would even settle for an iPud.

So?

Deal?

ONOFFON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

hahahahaha....

Thanks Drooly!

I hope you got an iPod for Christmas... :wm

:laugh

BTW - we just took Album of the Year over at the 2006 IOMA's with our new CD, Bridge to Presage!!!!

Looks like we're gonna lose this competition though. Less than a week left and we're barely in fourth... oh well....

Happy New Year!!!!!!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

oh my god!! I have to make another post after reading this!!!

hahahahhaa

VON! Did Onoffon win in your category?

ONOFFON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

The UNSIGNED voting for Song of the Year is still on - it stops at midnight on December 31st, EST.

We're still in fourth but we're making a strong run on third and may get second.

To win would take 200 votes... we got the street team working on it... :yo

Either way...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! :ww

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: An awards nomination.... Reply with quote

Oooh OK! I'll ask some of my friends to vote for you!! Good luck VON! We're ROOTING for ONOFFON!!! :sensational

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: