MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

We had an intersting week in your region, but sorry, we didn't get too Underground... we simply ran out of day !

I hope it went well.

Regards

Ian

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Hi Ian, is it very humid in HK? we are going to Dubai and then HK next year... :)

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

That depends when you go Paul.

It's pretty good this time of year. We still found it a little sweaty, but then we were out walking an awfull lot.

If you need any tips on places to go, give us a shout. HK is more than just HK, but it depends on the kind of things you want to see. We were pretty disapointed by Monday night,(a bad stomach didn't help, but that was my fault) but then the place kind of opened up to us, and we had a good week. Not my top destination, but very very pleased we went.

A busy place, and certainly the harbour at night is stunning !

I'll put some pics up over at GMM like I said. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Regards

Ian

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Thats great Ian, thanks.... Miami was 36 degrees c and 70% humidity and that was tooooo much for us... I look forward to your pics :)

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Yeah, Florida can be like that. Miami was great last year. But 4 years earlier we did Tampa. Anna did what I always describe as her stuborn Donkey act. She refused to move !! Trouble was, if she did, it was like turning on a tap !!

I understand, if you visit HK any earlier than October, the humidity can be extreme ! That's why we booked up for when we did, plus Anna can only go in school Holidays, so now was a good time for us. Trouble was, we kept bumping into teachers !!.... I may be married to one, but I sure don't enjoy hanging with them !! :ft

Regards

Ian

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Where did you stay in Miami? .... we were in the winter haven on ocean drive...

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

We weren't on Ocean drive. We were at a Hotel called the Claridge, further up the beach.

We got lucky, we got upgraded when we got there, got an ocean front suite with balcony.

Actually, we got lucky in HK as well, and got allocated an executive suite........... bonus !!

We were only there 4 days, 'cos we went cruising round the carribean. But I did get too wade in the Everglades !! Amazing !! Snakes and Aligators included at no extra cost !!

We're hoping to get too San Fransisco at some stage, so I'll be tapping you for info.........

Regards

Ian

Edited by: ianbal at: 10/30/05 13:36
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

This was our hotel in Miami..

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Nice hotel Ian.... we loved San Francisco and Iam sure you will to...

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Nice !!

Strikes me most of the Hotels in Miami are good.

Regards

Ian

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

yeah the hotel was nice, the room was ok... we did not have a view, however we were not in the room that much so we were not to bothered..... :)

Anyway I better give ya thread back.... :lol

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

I cannot believe you didn't come to Underground and meet me in person... boo hooo

This is what you missed that night:

undergroundhk.com/u14.html

So Ian's now the guide for visiting HK is he? :laugh Don't bother asking me - hmppfff!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ianbal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

I am ever so sorry we didn't get to Underground Chris. It was on our list of to do's ! It would have been extremely nice to have met you, and to have seen the bands.

Trouble was, we went off to one of the Islands on Thurs. We ate, we swam, and we walked a lot. We didn't get back to Kowloon 'til gone 8. By the time we'd got back too our Hotel and got changed it was nearly 9.30...... This sounds terrible, but we chose to have dinner !!!

However, you do live in a lovely, vibrant, and exciting city. And clean !! I was impressed with that:D I've never been in a city where so many people are constantly cleaning, or where there are so many ash trays in the street !!

But you gotta do something about those Indian guys that pounce on us westerners trying to sell us fake Rolex and suits !! It was like they could spot me from 100 yards away as I got off ferries, and like 5 or 6 would jump on me !! :duell I'm sure their suits are great !! I just didn't want one !!:dunno

Without doubt....... I'd bow to your superior knowledge with regard tour guiding !!

As I said to Paul, we were very pleased we visited HK. We spoke with many nice and friendly people. And everywhere felt extremely safe as we walked around night or day!

Regards

Ian

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Chris I will always ask you about HK :) its just good to get a visitors opinion as well as a residents! :kiss

Its looking like you may be my second hook up!!!! :)

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

ianbal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: That's an interesting place and sorry bbchris. Reply with quote

Hook ups are good.

I met theo about three years ago (could've been longer) Took him for a ride............. damned near killed the poor fella :dunno

Regards

Ian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: