MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bible Fun Park Planned in Moscow for 2005, Moscow Times Repo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Bible Fun Park Planned in Moscow for 2005, Moscow Times Repo Reply with quote

Quote:
Moscow, July 11 (Bloomberg) -- A Bible theme park is planned for Moscow, with a restaurant serving dishes from the Last Supper and exhibits including dancing temple adulteresses, the Moscow Times reported, citing the Chechen businessman, Israeli souvenir seller and Russian poet organizing the project.

Bible Land will cover 32 hectares (79 acres) when it opens in 2005 and is aimed at children, the paper cited the project's

originators as saying. Emil Pages, an Israeli exporter of Holy

Land souvenirs, Andrei Dementev, a Russian poet, and Chechen businessman Umar Dzhabrailov are helping to put up some of the $60 million needed for the park, the paper said.

``We businessmen should be seen not as people who launder money and export capital but as people who unite to do something good,'' said Dzhabrailov, president of the Plaza Group, a which runs Smolensky Passazh and other office blocks.

The park will include ponds to represent the Red Sea, the

Dead Sea and the Mediterranean, while a television game show based on the Bible and the Koran is being considered, the paper said. Christian, Muslim, Jewish and Buddhist groups contacted by the partners have responded positively, Pages told the Moscow Times.

The park will aim to educate people in the need for religious tolerance, while acting with the sensitivity necessary to avoid offense, Pages said.

``I provide souvenirs from the Holy Land, and I know that if I provide a souvenir for an Orthodox Christian, it should not

smell of Protestantism or Catholicism,'' he told the paper.

(The Moscow Times 7-11, 1)

| Jane Eliz | Blah Blah | Song of the Week
|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Land Reply with quote

I heard about that !!!

I hear that they are going to build the worlds fastest, largest roller coaster with the biggest, steepest drop. They are going to call it "Satan's Fury" !!!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Land Reply with quote

You're kidding!

|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: No. I am serious. Reply with quote

Satan's Fury will be the biggest roller coaster ever.

The final drop is supposed to go underground into a black tunnel to simulate the darkness of hell.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: No. I am serious. Reply with quote

Sounds really scary! Whenever I ride rollercoasters, I spend most of the time with my eyes shut, and screaming at the top of my voice. Very exhilirating (is that how you spell it?). Then I do it all over again - hahahahahhahahahahahaha

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: No. I am serious. Reply with quote

Exhilarating !!!!!

The ride ends with the brakes slamming on and a burst of white light from all directions as the face of Jesus appears in a cloud thanking everyone for making the right choice by choosing him, and then telling everyone to please exit the vehicle to the right and enjoy the rest of their day.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: No. I am serious. Reply with quote

hahahahahahaha That sounds very over the top. You're making that up aren't you?!!?!?!?

Thanks for correcting my spelling of 'Exhilarating' ! :)

|

Jake Cepheus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Speaking of roller coasters... Reply with quote

...I love roller coasters. :) There's lots here, two big amusement parks in Ohio, King's Island in the south down by Kentucky, and Cedar Point in the north on Lake Erie. Larree's got even more out there in California. Larree, have you ever been on The Viper at Magic Mountain? That's a great roller coaster. The Beast is here in Ohio at King's Island, longest wooden-track roller coaster in the world. It is really, really scary. I like The Vortex at King's Island, too, you go upside down six times in one ride. :D

The Beast at King's Island.

The Vortex at King's Island

I haven't been on The Millenium Force at Cedar Point yet, but it looks like fun, it's the tallest roller coaster in the world.

Millenium Force at Cedar Point

The Corkscrew at Cedar Point

The Viper at Magic Mountain

See Chris, when you come visit us in America we'll have lots of roller coasters for you to ride. You can hang out with me in Ohio at King's Island and Cedar Point, then go to Magic Mountain and Disneyland in California with Larree. :)

Jake

http://www.mp3.com/jakecepheus

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: You're making that up aren't you?!!?!?!? Reply with quote

I am deeply hurt... I would never make up a story like that... :(

So when would you like to go on a worldwide amusement park vacation with me ?!?!?!? :D

We can stay in first class joints wherever we go, and ride the biggest and the best roller coasters in the world !!!!! :D

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Viper... Reply with quote

...RULEZ !!! :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: So I guess Reply with quote

next time I visit the States I HAVE to go to Ohio & California :) And spend a lot of my time - screaming! hahahahahahhaaha

Thanks Jake for posting the great pictures, I had to shut my eyes for a few moments after looking at them - hahahahaha :banana

Larree! It justs sounds so UNREAL that's all. Plus my friends have been really pulling my leg this weekend and I fell for EACH and EVERY ONE of their tricks. I believed one friend when she told me she was related to JFK, another friend told me she was one of the judges at the acoustic song competition etc. etc. So I'm just checking that what people tell me is REAL. hahahahhahahaha

Chris

|

Jake Cepheus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: So I guess Reply with quote

Quote:
...she told me she was related to JFK...

I'm related to Aaron Burr, he was Vice-President of the United States 200 years ago. He's famous for killing Alexander Hamilton in a duel (while he was the Vice-President :lol ). He's also famous for being charged with treason after he tried to start his own country in the American west. He only had one daughter when he was married, and she died without having children, but he also populated the American countryside with his illegitimate children (whick is how I'm related to him). It's true! :lol

Aaron Burr

Jake :)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: So I guess Reply with quote

I've never heard of Aaron Burr - I have to confess...... Are you really related to him? Or are you just pulling my leg?!?!? :) :D

|

Jake Cepheus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: So I guess Reply with quote

I really am related to him, it's the truth. On my father's side, my great-grandmother's maiden name was Burr (I guess back then people took their father's last name even when they were born out of wedlock).

Jake :)

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: So I guess Reply with quote

Chris, They're serving dishes from the last supper ?

That would make the food 2000 years old. :lol

I'd love to pull your leg.........

shape="rect" coords="105, 57, 165, 76">
coords="167, 62, 219, 77">
shape="rect" coords="220, 62, 281, 77">
src="http://www.webward.org/images/Steve/Steve%
20Iannetti.jpg" usemap="#FPMapsteve0" width="397"
height="85">

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: