MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fallujah finds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ans

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I'll defend your right to bandy about terms such as 'clown' in a manner which may be deemed 'offensive', And if you deny such actions may be deemed 'offensive' I'll defend your right to deny :D Nevertheless, if you wish to bring people around to your way of thinking, insults are rarely the most effective method of doing so

:eyebrow

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

ans - "...if you wish to bring people around to your way of thinking, insults are rarely the most effective method of doing so "

But if your intent is to pin somebody into a corner regardless of the value of the discussion for the purpose of falsely and temporarily boosting ones delapitated ego, it works wonders! :laugh

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

ans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I agree with 'temporarily', thus the popularity of internet forums, but I dunno about 'falsely', DT. If ones ego is boosted, it's boosted. Might a better term be 'unwarranted'? Or 'unjustified'? Or 'predicated upon faulty deduction' lol :ui

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

ans - "'predicated upon faulty deduction'"

Based upon a Faulty Deduction (or conclusion) = "false boost"...but I agree your terms work, too.

We might refer to such posting as "fishing for a faux boost" :b

Edited by: DreamTone7  at: 6/6/06 20:51
ans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

:wgrin

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
ans - "...if you wish to bring people around to your way of thinking, insults are rarely the most effective method of doing so "

But if your intent is to pin somebody into a corner regardless of the value of the discussion for the purpose of falsely and temporarily boosting ones delapitated ego, it works wonders!

Wake me up when Bozell the turd (sic?) becomes a regular on this BB.

He is, after all, the sole person who can have reason for being insulted.

ans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

GALMIN WAKE UP! BOZELL'S HERE AND HE'S REALLY MAD!!

kidding

I may be able to clear up this misunderstanding. When Galmin out of the clear blue called Rush Limbaugh's debating skills into question I took that to mean it was 'open season' on apropos-to-nothing comments. Galmin then called Bozell a clown. I then made MY apropos-to-nothing comment, which basically concerned the fact that insults alienate and are counterproductive. Dreamtone responded to this observation in a way that was likely not directed at the Bozell discussion at all, but toward my apropos-to-nothing comment about insults. See?

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Now I'm insulted. You'll never get me over to your side this way. ;)

ans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

:ohno

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Hey, it's 'open season' on apropos-to-nothing comments.

ans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Apropos-To-Murtha Reply with quote

A Party for Losers - from Reason

"Republican attempts to portray Democrats as America-hating defeatists bent on a "cut and run" strategy for Iraq are clumsy, but Democrats keep outdoing the GOP with even more absurd rhetoric. Latest case in point: Congressman John Murtha telling an audience in Miami that U.S. troops in Iraq are a bigger threat to world peace than a nuclear Iran or North Korea.

Even if you concede that a nuclear-armed Iran might be somewhat sane and deterrable, there is no way a nuclear North Korea is anyone's idea of a nice neighbor. It is a military dictatorship in a permanent state of war with the rest of the world.

Murtha's geopolitical point, that U.S. troops and bases are becoming a source of friction in the world, is true enough. But the point is lost when you mix it up with world-peace blather and comparisons to international bogeymen like Iran and North Korea. The GOP attack ad practically writes itself."

www.azstarnet.com/sn/attack/135159.php

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Apropos-To-Murtha Reply with quote

Quote:
Murtha's geopolitical point, that U.S. troops and bases are becoming a source of friction in the world, is true enough.

Really? I'm surprised the writer (whoever that is) is able to see it. I am not surprised that the writer use the term "are becoming" when talking about the friction permanent bases and troops presence causes, as if this is something new.

Quote:
But the point is lost when you mix it up with world-peace blather and comparisons to international bogeymen like Iran and North Korea.

What soveregn nations have Iran and North Korea invaded in, say, the last ten years? What countries are on the brink of civil war because of them? What can we learn from recent history?

Apparantly nothing.

ans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

re "I'm surprised the writer (whoever that is) is able to see it."

So, you're easily surprised. BOO! ;)

re "the friction permanent bases and troops presence causes"

Japan seems to like having the US around, these days.

Do you disagree that Iran and North Korea are international bogeymen? (That wouldn't surprise me either) ;)

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
Japan seems to like having the US around, these days.

So it would seem. Any point with that remark or are you merely making conversation?:u

Quote:
Do you disagree that Iran and North Korea are international bogeymen?

Of course not.

Iran and North Korea are international bogeymen who seems not to have invaded any sovereign nations during the last decade. Right?

Edited by: Galmin  at: 6/28/06 20:25
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Apropos-To-Murtha Reply with quote

Quote:
Congressman John Murtha telling an audience in Miami that U.S. troops in Iraq are a bigger threat to world peace than a nuclear Iran or North Korea

Only Murtha never said that. Details are obviously not that important when it comes to WMD hypes and discreditiation. Murtha was citing a poll from Pew Global Attitudes Project made throughout the world. It fits the swiftboating better, however, to have Murtha make that caim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: