MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

US shows its a class act again... NOT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ans

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: irony Reply with quote

My pal Bob once asked me & my other buddy Mick to define 'irony' in as few words as possible. I said something like, 'when the actual outcome is the opposite of the expected outcome'. Mick answered 'metallic'.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

:ft we have the guns we have the bombs we do what we want...

bitwhys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

LOL!

at least you're honest.

I'd rather be dealing with that than horse pucks the US Ambassador is tossing us. Its pretty obvious he's putting on a show for the folks back home.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

i was kidding.... what country are you in?

bitwhys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

Canukistan, thanks for asking.

I'm sorry to say this whole affair isn't going over too well up here.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

i am sure...:ft never heard of it here...

bitwhys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: irony Reply with quote

of course you haven't. no offense but it just makes for lousy TV and the Bush Admin doesn't even bother doing press releases on it so the mainstream press doesn't even have a sniff.

down there anyways.

up here its like deja vu all over again.

if you don't mind a "progressive" slant (which I assure you is held by AT LEAST 53% of Canadians - the number that voted for anti-FTA parties in a multi-party system back in '88 ) , here's a four pager from a few months back that adds up to "I told you so" now.

www.policyalternatives.ca...ief6_1.pdf

and don't let anyone fool you. if and when NAFTA is pulled we still have the GATT/WTO agreements to at least force Bu$hco out of hiding with if they want to try to get ugly(er).

Edited by: bitwhys at: 8/23/05 1:16
bitwhys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Embassy, September 14th, 2005

LETTERS

Killing NAFTA Wouldn't Kill U.S. Trade

Quote:
In his article ("Three Possible NAFTA Scenarios" Embassy Sept. 7, 2005), Professor Blank works from the assumption that the abrogation of NAFTA by definition results in the severing of trade relations altogether. I find that assumption difficult to accept at face value. Recently, proponents of NAFTA have been quick to point out that 95 per cent of our trade with the U.S. is trouble-free. I have yet to find a reasonable explanation as to why the termination of the NAFTA agreement puts what already good trade relations there are between partners at risk.

The loss of NAFTA does not create a vacuum. There are other agreements at other levels, some in official treaty form and, perhaps more importantly, as a result of defacto good trade relations at the business level. To discount the abrogation of NAFTA and the baggage that comes [with it] without taking into account all the other factors that can and do reflect the good will efforts of many of those involved seems to me to be rather alarmist.

Brian Dondo

Winnipeg, MB

they could have at least let me second proof the thing.:laugh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: