MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

video for "the willow's lullaby" and performances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: video for "the willow's lullaby" and performances Reply with quote

Well this is an old song of mine, though it was rerecorded with real guitar, cello and vocals in a studio , I have a special love for this one because it's one of my oldest and one i often play accoustic with piano and cello only so it has a special vibe for me.
The video was made in London, in a casual walk, we did not have the equipment with us, no special garments, make up or atrezzo, but we managed with the camera we had to get some footage... because what was important is that we found the most gorgeous willow very similar to the watercolour i had painted myself for the cd, it was not prepared though we thought quickly about to follow the storyline of the lyrics, the result was not a high resolution video but a video for the websites and here it is:

Link

lyrics

The willow's lullaby video

This is one of the songs of the ghost side in Ancient Shadows album, we shooted this in london, was not planned but found a willow very close to the one i had painted in watercolour, so we went for it, and it was intended to be made for fun, and finally is shows as a video for the websites only... hope you like it, it makes more sense along with the lyrics so they're posted down there.

Priscilla Hernandez - The willow's lullaby

Add to My Profile | More Videos
ORIGINAL LYRICS

Beware ...

Beware ...

go to find a safer place to rest

When you hear the willow's hiss

beware if you dare dream neath its leaves

beware, go to find a safer place

It mourns the forest that it once dwelt

It mourns the birds that had left their nests

and flew away ...

When the willow sings half alive

it releases all the pain it hides inside

if you hear its song alone

You fall sleep and your soul is gone

This willow has bitter heart

This willow has bitter soul

so...

Beware...

Also wanted to announce a performance this weekend in Palacio de la metalurgia (plaza de España, Barcelona's fair) at 11:30 in Feria Expo Eco Salud, i'll be signing cds in the stand 390 all through the day.
And one last call for the people attending to the three faery wishes festival, tickets will increase the price in three days, so please check the website if you're around uk and intend to attend.
3 wishes faery festival: Performances from The Mediaeval Baebes, Priscilla Hernández, Circulus, The Daughters of Gaia, Beck Siàn (Cousin of Kate Bush), Daughters of Elvin, Elizabeth-Jane Baldry, Magicfolk, Soul Path, Butterfly Thunder, Elfin Spiral, and more to play at the 3 Wishes Faery Fest 2007!

Plus there will be lots of entertainment, faery walkabouts, fire faeries, a faery fashion show, magical masquerade, wing and wand making workshops, fairy school and more...

www.3wishesfaeryfest.co.uk

If you're around Spain or Barcelona next may, 12th May i'll be in Teatre Ateneu Cerdanyola, acompannied again with a cellist and guitar player. Tickets are limited this time to 450 so i'll post + info soon!
satch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely - to look at and to listen to! Well done!!
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video just proves, that independent music can MOVE!

I mean... this low budget production has emotion and offers something for the audience, while many high-$$$-productions are 'lame ducks' compared to this!

Great production!
Solo-Project
mikeburn and friends band
The Mabuse Project
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks both of you
really deep from the heart
it was not intended to be a serious video when done, thanks god i was in black but we had no equipment and we found the place so we gathered some footage in the very moment to see if we could make the story afterwards, i'm making now a video for away, but i'm afraid i have still to wait for a properly recorded video still

thanks so much!

Mike THANK YOU... huggggggs (miss ya!)
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i forgot
i leave you with a pic of me yesterday performing in expoecosalud fair
it was a humble performance most of it, me and a keyboard, sort of accoustic versions of the songs, in this one I was performing "Now that you're gone" ahora que te has ido, kira's theme

and i was wearing my wings

to be honest it was not a very confortable performance due to tech problems neither the place was very pretty, it took place in the open room of Barcelona's fair palace, and the fair was too huge to keep much attention to a small act in between, too crowdy and too open and spread but i had a magic moment when a fan started to cry with one of the songs I dedicated to her... this lovely couple have attended to the lattest four performances and last time had requested a song I never play (sueño muerto) when I did, she was feeling it so much, that I had difficulties to finish myself, i think that when this little things happen, even if they're a few, you really feel it all worth.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: