MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

help me please.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: help me please......... Reply with quote

As you all know Iam taking my music live........

I have been talking to musicians etc..blah blah blah.....

However Iam overwelmed at the amount that want to "Jump Ship" and join me???....There is a certain 3 (bass, drums and guitar) that if they did jump ship.... the bands they leave behind would strugle and I would be hated... and Iam not sure i can handle that!!

Iam in a right pickle....... what do I do...?

Take them on board
look for other musicians not in other bands

Show results

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

BUSINESS AS USUAL .com BUSINESS AS USUAL. moonfruit BUSINESS AS USUAL mp3.com

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ ampcast GET ME MUSIC.com

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Take 'em on. If a band is not working and a musician wants to jump ship, it is not your responsibility. He/she must deal with what they think is right or wrong.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: help me please......... Reply with quote

They might not necessarily be 'jumping ship' maybe their other bands don't give them enough 'work' or they want to try a different genre. Or something different. Make sure you get along musical and socially with the musicians and after a few rehearsals and a few good gigs, have a band meeting and discuss plans for the next few months, a year etc. A band takes time and commitment - you need people with similar goals. GOOD LUCK!

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: help me please......... Reply with quote

Thanx Chris and dreamtone:)

Yeah Iam gonna go with it :)

Thank you

Paul

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: help me please......... Reply with quote

Paul's going for it!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Making music is fabulous!!!! making music with others is creativity in motion wheeeeeeeeeeeee

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Show no mercy. Reply with quote

I am from Hollywood. We show no mercy.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Show no mercy. Reply with quote

I get ya Larree..:)

Iam just a big softy :lol

Paul

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: help me please......... Reply with quote

Ed1g, whatever you go with there's a caveat that may be applicable - mebbe not. If you're speaking of people who are have been looking to move on in their lives for awhile, that should be no problem. Even the Beatles decided to hang it up and go their own ways. But if you're talking about people who jump ship at the drop of a hat, it may be convienent now to take them in, but they have also proven that they could leave you in the lurch as they have their former group.

Like most everything when it comes to dealing with people, I think the individual and his/her situation would probably be the best basis for deciding wether to accept or reject. I could probably get some mileage out of an recycling an old truism here: "Marry in haste, repent in leisure." But you seem to be giving this a good amount of consideration - so chances are you will make good decisions and things will work out fine.

Best wishes on this!

Ron

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: