MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Which main riffs and licks can you play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

Carlos is an amazing guitar player and hi has done some good songs too

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with lolson @ home

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

Interstellar Overdrive.

Only because it's very easy...

I suck, royally, on guitar, unless I use my digi-delay pedal and play psychedelic stuff..

I almost sound competent.

lolson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

Cybernetic do you have a DigiTech delay???????

Let there be ®ock

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

No, BOSS Digital Delay...

I forget the model #. Haven't touched it in a year.

lolson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

ok, is it good? do you have any soundclip so I can hear?

Let there be ®ock

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

www.soundclick.com/bands/...omusic.htm

Download the track "Ian Fish, UK Heir" (Bowie cover)

I used the hell out of it in that song. I loved the echoes and sounds that came from it.

lolson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

©ool:D :yo

Let there be ®ock

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

The song is almost nothing but guitar delayed... The keys back it, but that was easy to do. Just hold down the key, HAHAHA!!

lolson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

I know but it's ©ool anyway

Let there be ®ock

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

OK LOL

Here's what I consider unnatural mastership on the guitar:

*Slow*

*Relaxed*

*Fast*

All the same guitar player and he's 61 (!) years old I have to add :D

I have learned that you can't figure that playing, you only can live it. I heard and met many players, nobody came even close. Confronting yourself with that kind of material can transport you lightyears away from "usual" guitar playing IMHO.

lolson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

©ool

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with Christofer @ home

lolson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

New

Iron Maiden: The wicker man

Iron Maiden: 2 minutes to midnight

Iron Maiden: Sign of the cross

Iron Maiden: Fear of the dark

Iron Maiden: Hallowed be thy name

Let there be ®ock

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

Hej lolson -

I missed wishing some BlahBlah folks a Happy Birthday - so a late "Happy Birthday" to you, "Gubben Lolson"!

I'm primarily a rhythm geetarist, but I can handle most the licks & riffs you listed. I really never listened much to Slayer, black label, Mettalica, Dio, AC/DC & Judas Priest, so I'd be lost even trying them.

Fur Elise is cool - do you play the whole piece or mostly just the intro? I sometimes enjoy playing the intro of the main theme from "Swan Lake" (E minor).

The riff that gave me the most trouble is one of the most basic and simplest in rock music - the intro to Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode"!

I kept on trying to get it right, but I'd alway mess up. So you'd hear a few notes and then me saying "Damn!!". A friend who was listening to me said "It sounds more like "Ronny's No Good!"

I liked that for a song title - so instead of trying to get Berry's intro lick down, I wrote some "Ronny's No Good" lyrics instead (somewhat based on the Chuck Berry song). So now I just fumble that intro riff, say "Damn!" and then go into Ronny's No Good, lol.

lolson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

only the intro but I'm trying:D

Let there be ®ock

Rabuck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which main riffs and licks can you play? Reply with quote

Hey Lolson.

There are a lot of songs on your list I used to do in some of my old bands.

We always did lots of Sabboth, AC/DC and Judas Priest.

Run to the hills by Iron Maiden was always on our list too.

One of my favorite tunes from them days was Stranglehold by Ted Nugent. I think that was the first tune I played lead guitar on.

I am still trying to learn to play "Rude Mood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan. I can do parts of it but there is always a point when I get frustrated and throw my guitar out a window.

...It's getting to be an expensive goal.

:ohno

Panick, That mp3 was pretty hot. Could hear the similarities to the one Mike posted, but it was different enough to be original.

I never did hear the part that "sounded easy" though. :dunno

Some of you guitar monsters on here make me damn glad I can lay bricks.

ha haaaa!

:bawling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: