MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from gig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from gig Reply with quote

Well... about ENCUENTROS DE NAVARRA contest, I didn't get into the finals, for me it's really sad to say that I knew exactly who were the contestants getting into it... anyway... contests, who cares... ! :) I got a very excellent press thanks to it, so I don't complain

Diario de Noticias 26/09/2005

[...Y a continuación Priscila, quien nos sorprendió con unas composiciones ricas en atmósferas electrónicas, unos temas sustentados por un pop cercano al sinfónico sobre el que su poderosa voz, de lo más negroide, emergía cual Venus sobre el mar: triunfando y triunfante, sin ningún género de dudas; sus canciones, interpretadas en inglés y llenas de poesía mágica, gustaron e incluso consiguieron que dejásemos de lado el escepticismo inicial. Por cierto, a propósito del mismo, vaya por delante que el arriba firmante nunca ha creído en este tipo de concursos: ¿cómo hacer la selección? ¿cómo calificar el arte? Ante la variedad estilística de este año, ¿cómo ser ecuánimes? Por otra parte, grupos como Lendakaris Muertos, uno de los más en boga en 2005, ¿habrían llegado a la final? ¿y Mister Moshing, Batthoo o The Foralettes, por ejemplo, tan hechos como condenados a seguir en Regional, esto es, tocando únicamente por aquí? Muy bien Priscilla...]

more or less telling:

[...and then Priscilla who surprised us with compositions full of electronic atmospheres, some themes based in a style close to symphonic pop whose powerful voice, almost similar to black singers, emerged like Venus over the seas, triumphing and triumphant. Without any doubt, people liked her songs, performed in english and full of magic poetry, and she even made us to put aside our initial scepticism. Wery well indeed, Priscilla...]

I got another good review but I need a friend of mine to forward me the scanned article as I cannot find it on the net. I'll post it as soon as I can get it, or maybe add an article in my official site at www.yidneth.com. Till then, a few shots more of the performance

http://www.yidneth.com/images/journal/encuentros_navarra_priscilla_hernandez02.jpg
http://www.yidneth.com/images/journal/encuentros_navarra_priscilla_hernandez04.jpg
http://www.yidneth.com/images/journal/encuentros_navarra_priscilla_hernandez03.jpg

in the meanwhile i still work hard on "ancient shadows" cd mostly thanks to my listeners donation i think it will be a reality late year, till then i'm not sure if still approaching my demo kit to labels, I seek to have a "ready to publish" product even if i'm open to other deals.

thanks also to the ones that have offered technical help, soon i'll be grateful if someone helping in the mastering, or if someone considering to add some guitar bits or anything, you know i'm often at msn so e-mail me if so.

best wishes!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........ you had accompaniment also?

Cool pictures and hey... contests are contests... not necessarily fair or "tasteful".

Like you said.... you already got good press - that was worth the effort and shocking the other participants! LOL

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

yes, i played my roland fantom live (most of the piano or strings arrangements), Héctor on digital piano too, josi controlling the electronic drums on the pc and additional keyboard (three keyboards playing live actually) and aitor with accoustic guitar.

And i projected my drawings and lyrics behind me, in a sort of video ready for live performance i have for the songs, :)

oh indeed, press has been excellent and running for half a month so actually that means many new people getting to know my music, :) not bad at all :) but i'm sad i missed your performance due to having to go to Navarra :(

hope to meet you soon

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

Congratulations on the press coverage Priscilla!! That really is what these contests are about. They create publicity for the PRESS to write about local music. Well done for entering and surprising the public with your songs!!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

well the shame is that finalists get listened by a famous producer (the only external jury) so i had not this chance but i am sending a demo to some friends that will forward it to him :)

anyway :) i got another very good review, got it in pdf, so i think i'll make a coverage article featuring all the info together

i got another gig in zaragoza for tomorrow, but there's little time and i had to say no, they only told me two days in advance and thus it's impossible for me to get there, a pity :/ but i have some other plans for the near future that includes live performances

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

I missed to be able to play in Zaragoza this sunday, I was called to play in a huge place of 3000m2 but they called just one day in advance, although they have the set ready for groups, I really do not feel prepared to rush and get a train to be there by tomorrow afternoon, sigh! and it was a huge place, damn! arg! feels upset. But I've been told they'll consider me for future acts. Anyway...

I already wrote a full coverage article about ENCUENTROS contest, and added a new press line (also rather praising) that was published in "diario de Navarra" last 30th. I included a pdf of it, that includes some pictures but it's in spanish actually. I have also a video but I need to make an exerpt from it, if there is any worthy bit, the quality of the filming and audio is not good, but still would be suitable to share a little bit of it. Meanwhile you can read the overall article here:

yidneth.com/?pag=intervie...encuentros

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

Quote:
yidneth

...I was called to play in a huge place of 3000m2 but they called just one day in advance, although they have the set ready for groups, I really do not feel prepared to rush and get a train to be there by tomorrow afternoon, sigh!...

Arrrrggghhhhh.... my golden rule is:

NEVER cancel a gig and take them as they come!

It is my experience that the best gigs and possibilities came through "panic appointments" (i.e. another band canceled and we played the club which never took us before).

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

well, i told them i could attend me alone (as i do not have musicians available from Barcelona still) and they preferred to delay it for some other time. Actually the wanted a former band, but also wanted me to sing. LOL

actually i do not panic in moving myself wherever with my keys. I feel cozy with them, but Héctor couldn't second me so I was alone. I'm getting some contacts here in Barcelona and tomorrow in fact a guitarrist will come to add some chrords to the new recording of leaves for the cd, but I do need to find a backing group already. I'm having tons of traffic and e-mails and queries of my work by mail, and i'm working so hard on the cd :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

You still look like something out of Lord of the Rings, Pris...

Elven....

Utterly Charming....

Your Old Friend....

Gandalf...

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

Thank you Ken :)

it's always lovely to hear from you :)

Great Orlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

How is Barcelona? Is it expensive? Do enough people speak english that I wouldn't feel odd, if I moved there?

I saw some scenery from Barcelona in "Todo Sobre mi Madre"...

Experience Orlock's View...

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

barcelona is quite great already :) , this tuesday for example i'm shooting for an italina movie performing a german, well just general background, but this kind of thigs you can only make them in a big town :)

i just refused a doctorate grant i was offered cos they asked me exclusiviness, and one single day with earnings from other activity (including illustrationg, music and or perfoming would invalidate and compell me to give the money back) thus i'm in a very precarious but healthy and illusionated state :)

had also some good new (a important contact that I'm cheerful about)

and besides, there's sea nearby, i don't complaing :)

by the way i added a new radio interview, you can see it at the front page (last new posted) of yidneth.com

www.yidneth.com

yidneth.com changed of server yestarday, as well as www.nuevasmusicas.org, i hope it's faster this time.

hugs!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: didn't get to finals but some good press and pics from g Reply with quote

Pris! Sounds like things are looking good for you!! I wonder why you are a 'Normal User'??

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: